What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization(SEO) refers to any of a number of strategies businesses use to help their website show up ahead of their competition on websites such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. At Parkhouse, we offer a wide range of Search Engine Optimization services to help your business become number one!
What to Expect
SEO is a two phase operation. When we take on a new website, we inspect it for over 200 indicators that can either help or hurt your search engine rankings. With so many possible pitfalls, even a professionally developed site often has a number of issues to address. Resolving these configuration issues are essential toward raising your site’s rankings.
The second phase of your Search Engine Optimization is the maintenance phase. Certain SEO rules analyze how a website grows and changes over time; so, certain strategies can not be implemented at the initial configuration stage. Search engines also constantly changing their methods. Things that were once considered golden rules may now get you penalized, and vise versa. For these reasons, SEO Maintenance is an ongoing process that should be continued for the duration of your website’s existence.
Is it Necessary?
With over one billion websites on the internet, some SEO is almost always necessary to make your site show up in the first few results on major search engines. That said, the level of work you will need is industry specific. Businesses with more competition or a wider range of services require more work to gain rankings; so, we work closely with each client to find the appropriate level of SEO to fit their exact needs.
Keeping it White Hat
Parkhouse is a 100% White Hat provider. This means that we only use techniques approved by the major Search Engine providers to maximize your results since these methods are guaranteed to generate the best results over time. If an SEO consultant ever suggests that they have a way to “fool the system”, you should look elsewhere since these Black Hat consultants are known for getting domains penalized or even banned from search results in exchange for a short term boost in results.
Understanding Our Primary Methods
- Meta Data Optimization: One of the oldest and most important aspects of any SEO campaign is properly configuring the “invisible” data on your website that search engines use to index it. This includes things like Titles, Descriptions, Alt-text, Link Settings, Robot.txts, Sitemap.xmls, Canonicalization, Schema Tagging, etc.
- Content Optimization: While it is important to say what you mean, in the world of search engines HOW you say it matters. We audit all of your new content to make sure that what you have to say will return exactly the kinds of results you are looking for.
- Script Error Resolution and Optimization: Broken links, script errors, malware, long loading times, and non-mobile friendly designs can significantly reduce or block your website’s presence on major search engines. If you already have an old site, we will work with you to resolve these problems and put your site back in the running.
- Velocity Management: While we may require a big initial development push to set your site up for SEO, there is no such things as one-time SEO. By managing the growth of your site over time in a way that appears both active and natural to search engines, we get way better results than trying to make it perfect all at once. Certain SEO strategies can even hurt your results if implemented too quickly.
- Black Hat Vigilance: With so many rules out there of what search engines see as malicious attempts to manipulate search results, it is not uncommon to break the rules by accident. As such, we regularly audit our sites for common violations and new regulations as they come out.